In compliance with the Nigerian Police Force’s manpower development policy, the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Usman Alkali Baba, has deployed newly promoted Assistant Inspector-Generals of Police to various commands and departments across the country.
The former police Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, has been assigned to the Force Criminal Investigation Department in Lagos. This strategic deployment aims to strengthen the operational structures of commands, departments, and formations, in line with the IGP’s mandate and strategies.
The following Assistant Inspector-Generals of Police have been posted/redeployed to their respective duty posts:
- AIG Ahmed Abdulrahman, mni – Zone 14 Katsina
- AIG Ibrahim Sani Ka’oje, mni – Police Mobile Force
- AIG Matthew Akinyosola, mni – Special Protection Unit
- AIG Sylvester Abiodun Alabi, fdc – Zone 12 Bauchi
- AIG Yekini Adio Ayoku, psc(+), mni – Maritime Lagos
- AIG Olofu Tony Adejoh – Zone 13 Ukpo Dunukofia
- AIG Aliyu Garba – Zone 7 Abuja
- AIG Idris Dabban Dauda, fdc – ICT FHQ Abuja
- AIG Haladu M. Ros-Amson, fdc – Zone 4 Makurdi
- AIG Babatunde B. Ishola – Zone 8 Lokoja
- AIG Alexander N. Wannang – Counter Terrorism Unit
- AIG Ari M. Ali – Zone 2 Lagos
- AIG Mamman Sanda Umar, fdc – Zone 9 Umuahia
- AIG Sadiq I. Abubakar, mni – Commandant Police Academy, Wudil
- AIG Frank Emeka Mba, mni – FCID Annex Lagos
- AIG Benjamin N. Okolo, fdc – Zone 16 Yenagoa
- AIG Oyediran A. Oyeyemi, fsi – DTD FHQ Abuja
The deployments by the IGP are effective immediately and are aimed at ensuring the right personnel are in roles that match their capabilities, as part of the Nigerian Police Force’s commitment to manpower development.